32489 Widgeon Avenue,
Riviera Beach, FL,
Home: (604) 820-2340
Seeking a position of youth worker, which will offer a variety of challenges and responsibilities and where I can use my skills and abilities.
Summary of Qualifications:
- More than five years of experience as a youth worker.
- Ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organization, decision making, and time management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and effectively.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Family Youth and Community Sciences
University of Florida, 1995
Industrial First-Aid- Level II Certification, June 1996
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
Youth Development Institute - Riviera Beach, FL, 2000-2004
Children's Home Society of Florida - Vero Beach, FL, 1997-1999
Child Care Worker:
- Provided information about community services and resources available for youth.
- Conducted and evaluated programs for young people, such as employment and training, education, self-development, etc.
- Assisted in developing policy affecting young people.
- Acted as advocate for youth who have a grievance with government departments or other organizations.
- Interviewed young people to discuss and identify problems.
- Arranged and provided counseling and food, shelter or clothing.
- Supervised and positively interacted with children.
- Provided first aid treatment as necessary.
- Prepared complete and accurate daily records and report.
- Implemented behavior modification techniques as instructed.
- Attended staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintained the order, safety, cleanliness of the facility and grounds.
- Responsible for housekeeping and laundry.
- Participated in the quality improvement process.