604 Harmony Lane,
Brooksville, FL 18765,
Looking for a position of youth care worker in any non-profit sector to provide safety and security to the facility and take reasonable care so that others aren't harmed.
- More than five years of experience as youth care worker.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform conflict resolution.
- Ability to provide affection, security and continuity in the care of youth.
- Ability to handle confidential issues appropriately.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with clients.
G4S Youth Services - Tampa, FL
Youth Care Worker, 2002-2004
Youth Development Institute- Palmetto, FL,
Child Care Worker, 1999-2001
- Maintained client progress notes and assisted in developing goal-oriented service plans.
- Provided client supervision and maintained appropriate documentation.
- Reported all inadequacies in provision of service to clients.
- Prepared and submitted documentation and reports within required timelines.
- Provided feedback and counseling to youth regarding social skills, behavior, and anger management.
- Ensured proper movement and supervision of youth.
- Assisted with medication pass as required.
- Provided first aid treatment as necessary.
- Supervised and positively interacted with children.
- Supervised age appropriate play activities with children.
- Implemented behavior modification techniques as instructed.
- Attended staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintained the order, safety, cleanliness of the facility and grounds and also responsible for housekeeping and laundry.
- Maintained company vehicle in clean condition and good repair.
- Participated in the quality improvement process.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Art in Social Work, Newton University, FL (1997)
- Certificate in Safe Crisis Management (1998)
- Certificate in Group Work for Human Relations and Development of Civil Harmonizing (1999)